Splunk Search

How do i create a search such that i'll be able to know how many bytes have passed through daily

sarahh
Engager

Hi, i would like to ask if im able to create a search such that i'll be able to show it in my dashboard on how many bytes have passed through each day. the data i'm using is the one that they gave from the Splunk tutorial. Please help!!

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

If you install the Splunk Deployment Monitor, you will get these metrics in a couple of dashboards. Oh, and I believe that you have similar functionality under Status -> Index/Indexing Overview in the Search app. Sorry, I don't remember the exact name of the menu option, no splunk in front of me right now.

Since these views are built on saved searches, you can study them for educational purposes.

/K

View solution in original post

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

If you install the Splunk Deployment Monitor, you will get these metrics in a couple of dashboards. Oh, and I believe that you have similar functionality under Status -> Index/Indexing Overview in the Search app. Sorry, I don't remember the exact name of the menu option, no splunk in front of me right now.

Since these views are built on saved searches, you can study them for educational purposes.

/K

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...