Splunk Search

How do I write the same search that populates the "Data Summary"?

samir_silva

I need the event data from the "Data Summary" because I need to create a search to find when hosts stop sending logs to our Splunk server via UDP syslog.

Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

jmedved
Explorer

I'm pretty new to Splunk, but maybe this will help a bit. I think you need to use a metadata search. I have been using this to find dead log sources.

| metadata type=hosts index=mcafee | where recentTime < now() - 3600 | eval lastSeen = strftime(recentTime, "%F %T") | fields + host lastSeen 

Maybe you can modify that for your use case.

View solution in original post

jmedved
Explorer

I'm pretty new to Splunk, but maybe this will help a bit. I think you need to use a metadata search. I have been using this to find dead log sources.

| metadata type=hosts index=mcafee | where recentTime < now() - 3600 | eval lastSeen = strftime(recentTime, "%F %T") | fields + host lastSeen 

Maybe you can modify that for your use case.

samir_silva

Thank you so much jmedved,

I used this search and It's working very well.

Thank you so much again.

| metadata type=hosts index=* | where recentTime < now() - 3600 | eval "Ultimo Envio" = strftime(recentTime, "%F %T") |fields + host "Ultimo Envio" | search host!="10.244.68.15" host!="172.26.142.131" host!="172.26.142.129"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...