Splunk Search

How do I run forecast time series multiple times using one search?

mtmoore
Explorer

I want to run a forecast time series multiple times using one search on the remaining freespace of a number of our databases (data collected on within Splunk) — in this case, around 900 with 5 days worth of historical data — predicting whether the freespace will run below 60% in the next 90 days. I can use the map command, but it just times out after about an hour... any suggestions?

sourcetype="mysource" | stats count by Database| map search="search sourcetype=mysource Database=$Database$   |  timechart span=24h avg(MainPercFree)  | fit ARIMA _time avg(MainPercFree) order=1-0-0 forecast_k=90 holdback=0 conf_interval=95 as prediction |where prediction < 60 | stats earliest(_time) as First |eval Database=$Database$" maxsearches=900 |eval First=strftime(First,"%+")
0 Karma

mtmoore
Explorer

I'm afraid those articles don't show how to predict values on multiple fields of data 😞

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...