Splunk Search

How do I rename a Rex field?

sid_1435
Explorer

Hi , 

I want to rename to Required Parameters Longitude and Latitude are missing or invalid to a new value Required Parameters missing.

index="****" k8s.namespace.name="*****" "Error" OR "Exception" | rex field=_raw "(?<error_msg>Required Parameters Longitude and Latitude are missing or invalid)" | stats count by error_msg | sort count desc

Any help will be great

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval error_msg=if(match(_raw, "Required Parameters Longitude and Latitude are missing or invalid"),"Required Parameters missing", error_msg)

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval error_msg=if(match(_raw, "Required Parameters Longitude and Latitude are missing or invalid"),"Required Parameters missing", error_msg)

sid_1435
Explorer

Hi Again,

I have the drilldown on the field 

Required Parameters Longitude and Latitude are missing or invalid

But since we have renamed  it to 

Required Parameters missing

it is sending  renamed value as parameter , rather i want the original value as parameter

Can you please suggest how to do that 

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Add a condition to the drilldown so that if the value is "Required Parameters missing" change it to "Required Parameters Longitude and Latitude are missing or invalid" in the drilldown action

sid_1435
Explorer

Thanks , 

It worked

0 Karma

diogofgm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use | rex with SED mode

| makeresults
| eval error_msg = "Required Parameters Longitude and Latitude are missing or invalid"
| rex field=error_msg mode=sed "s/(Required Parameters) .* (missing) .*/\1 \2/g"

------------
Hope I was able to help you. If so, some karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...