Splunk Search

How do I modify ID results in a table to display a URL or filepath?

replicamask
Explorer

Hey there,

I've been having a look around on here, and through Google, but so far coming I'm up blank.

I'm looking for a way to basically change how an ID is displayed in a table.

Say I run a search like this:

sourcetype=testsource | table _time, , sourcetype, id

and I get a table back like

_time     sourcetype     id
12:00     testsource      123

So while the id value is indeed 123, I would like to have it — depending on the ID —display with a URL or filepath. For example:

_time     sourcetype     id
12:00     testsource     test.com/123

Is this possible without diving into drill down and dashboards (http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.2/Viz/DrilldownIntro), it's not going to be a regular requirement in a search so something I can throw in the query on the fly would be ideal.

TIA!

Tags (2)
0 Karma

maciep
Champion

do you need it to be clickable? Or just url/filepath text?

sourcetype=testsource | eval id = "test.com/" . id | table _time, sourcetype, id

replicamask
Explorer

That is brilliant thank you very much! From everything I was looking up to have them clickable would involve the drill down and dashboards right? Or is there another method?
It's not a required functionality atm, but just curious since you mentioned it there 🙂

0 Karma

maciep
Champion

I think to make it clickable, you would have to put it in a dashboard and then use drilldown options or css etc. Not sure it can be done with just the normal table in search results.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...