Splunk Search

How do I make my own search engine for own in house through we can filter out the complete data?

vijaydeveloper1

Hi,
Is there any option through I can able to create my own search engine like Google through we can find the best solution from our internal data for any problem?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes.

A couple of options I can think of:

1) The forums you are asking in are in fact Splunk forums, so I'm reading your question as "if we get Splunk, can we use this to search our data like google searches the internet?" The answer is "pretty much." Obviously, google does "other things" than just a straight search - ranking and whatnot - but that the basics of searching all the data has at least some parallels. We can help with building your own dashboards, searches .... whatever it is that you need to accomplish a google-like search of your own data, but it starts with downloading Splunk and installing it, then setting up some inputs. This is all well documented elsewhere, so I think apart from a few links to get you started, you'll have to give it a try and ask about any specific snags you run into.
Start here, maybe? https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.5/SearchTutorial/InstallSplunk

But if you really meant you wanted to "create your own search engine" then it's really unlikely we're going to either be able to or even want to tell you how to create a competing product. 🙂

2) Use grep. This is great for certain tasks. Not so much for the google-like interface. And it's so limiting, too. Hence why Splunk was developed. 🙂

Happy Splunking!
-Rich

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...