Splunk Search

How do I group Kepware Torque tool data by VIN'job' number?

voninski

Not sure how to accomplish this and need some advice from the experts here.

I am working with data from a torque tool being fed into a kepware system and then into Splunk.

What happens first is I receive an event like below:

2016-06-13 21:02:36.579 +0000 Tag="Torque.Device1.VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER.VIN1" Value="wiokdsk43" Quality="good"

This represents the ‘job’ that someone is working on. After this I receive a bunch of events like this:

2016-06-13 21:02:43.164 +0000 Tag="Torque.Device1.LAST TIGHTENING RESULTS.LTR_ANGLE_VALUE" Value="24" Quality="good"
2016-06-13 21:02:43.165 +0000 Tag="Torque.Device1.LAST TIGHTENING RESULTS.LTR_TORQUE_VALUE" Value="3.52999997" Quality="good"
2016-06-13 21:02:46.240 +0000 Tag="Torque.Device1.LAST TIGHTENING RESULTS.LTR_TORQUE_VALUE" Value="2.72000003" Quality="good"

It can be usually 5-10 more events before receiving another event identifying the next Vehicle Identification Number.

I need to be able to group together all events between Vehicle identification numbers as a single group/transaction so I can gather statistics and build visualizations for the specific ‘job’

Ideally I would like to be able to create a table of all last tightening results associated with a specific ‘job’

How do I accomplish this?

Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

sundareshr
Legend

See if this works for you

sourcetype=Kepware index=kepware Quality="good" | rex "\.VIN1"\sValue="(?<VIN>[^"]+)" | eval group=VIN | reverse | filldown group | stats last(Value) as LastValue by group

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

See if this works for you

sourcetype=Kepware index=kepware Quality="good" | rex "\.VIN1"\sValue="(?<VIN>[^"]+)" | eval group=VIN | reverse | filldown group | stats last(Value) as LastValue by group
0 Karma

voninski

Thank you. This should work fine for my purpose.

0 Karma

voninski

I've actually been able o crunch the data with the transaction command and now have another question still around how to build a group of the associated uses of the torque tool per VIN job.

sourcetype=Kepware index=kepware Quality="good"| transaction startswith="VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER"

Im still though having problems building a table of the torque values per vin job.

0 Karma

Stevelim
Communicator

Hi Voinski,

Ever considered using the metadata field in Kepware? You could give each Tag an ID, so it appears as:

2016-06-13 21:02:43.164 +0000 Tag="Torque.Device1.LAST TIGHTENING RESULTS.LTR_ANGLE_VALUE" Value="24" Quality="good" VINID = A

2016-06-13 21:02:43.165 +0000 Tag="Torque.Device1.LAST TIGHTENING RESULTS.LTR_TORQUE_VALUE" Value="3.52999997" Quality="good" VINID = A

2016-06-13 21:02:46.240 +0000 Tag="Torque.Device1.LAST TIGHTENING RESULTS.LTR_TORQUE_VALUE" Value="2.72000003" Quality="good" VINID = A

Afterwhich, you can just search for VINID = A. Can you sketch up an endstate mock up of the visualization?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...