Splunk Search

How do I get over conditional functions formatting?

Stives
Engager

Hello community,

like to ask for support to get over conditional formatting. I have 3 different products in a group. Product A, B and C and I need to add for each of them a different formula (compensation factor) e.g..

PRODUCT A = group/3.33*100 

PRODUCT B = group/3.061*100

PRODUCT C = group/3.0*100

I could only do this when I create search only for one PRODUCT. But how to include all the PRODUCTS with different formulas (compensation factors) ?

| where group="PRODUCT_A"
| eval ProductGroup=group/3.33*100

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A case function should do the job.

| eval ProductGroup = case(product=A, group*100/3.33, product=B, group*100/3.061, product=C, group*100/3.0)

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Stives
Engager

Hello Rich, 

thanks for message. Finally I´ve managed apply case function and resolved the issue.
Thanks for support.

BR

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If your problem is resolved, then please click one of the "Accept as Solution" buttons to help future readers.

---
0 Karma

marysan
Communicator

|eval ProductGroup=case(group=="PRODUCT_A",group/3.33*100 ,group=="PRODUCT B",group/3.061*100,group=="PRODUCT C",group/3.0*100)

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This looks like a faithful interpretation of the OP's question, but won't work because if the group field is a string (contains "PRODUCT_x") then it cannot be divided by a number.

---
0 Karma

Stives
Engager

I want eval a row called RML = case (in the row "group", for a VALUE A divided by 3.33*100, in the row "group", for a value B divided by 3.061*100, in the row "group", for a VALUE C divided by 3.0*100)

0 Karma

Stives
Engager

Hello, not really as the formula does not work unfortunately.

I want eval a group = case (in the row "group", for a VALUE A divided by 3.33*100, in the row "group", for a value B divided by 3.061*100, in the row "group", for a VALUE C divided by 3.0*100)

Thanks

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please elaborate on "does not work".  What results do you get and how do they not meet expectations?

It might help if you shared actual (sanitized) events.

---
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A case function should do the job.

| eval ProductGroup = case(product=A, group*100/3.33, product=B, group*100/3.061, product=C, group*100/3.0)

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...