Splunk Search

How do I find the versions of all my UFs & HFs and dates of install on Splunk Enterprise?

SamHTexas
Builder

How do I find the versions of all my UFs & HFs and dates of install on Splunk Enterprise?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

96nick
Communicator

For version you can go to the monitoring console (assuming that you have a centralized monitoring console) > Forwarders > Forwarders: Deployment and you'll see the versions of Splunk installed on your UFs and HFs. 

Getting the date installed isn't as easy. But one way you could do that is to get the date of the first event from the host. This assume the install date was also the first date you got in data from that host. 

index=main | stats min(_indextime) as mintime by host | convert ctime(mintime) | table host mintime

That search will take awhile, but you'll get your answer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...