Splunk Search

How do I find the latest time project name in each group?

flzhang132
Explorer

I want to group by virtual machine and then find the latest time project name in each group. How would I implement this?

thanks!

alt text

Tags (1)
0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@flzhang132

Have you tried this?

YOUR_SEARCH
| stats latest(project) as project latest(_time) as _time by vm_id

Sample Search:

| makeresults | eval project="erp",vm_id=100,_time=now()-180 | append [| makeresults | eval project="erp",vm_id=100,_time=now()-120] | append [| makeresults | eval project="ems",vm_id=100,_time=now()-60] | append [| makeresults | eval project="mcs",vm_id=101,_time=now()-180] | append [| makeresults | eval project="mcs",vm_id=101,_time=now()-120] | append [| makeresults | eval project="mes",vm_id=101,_time=now()-60] | stats latest(project) as project latest(_time) as _time by vm_id

Thanks

0 Karma

Super Champion

try this:

|stats latest(time) by vm_id project

flzhang132
Explorer

no,no,no ,the result of this way is alt text

I need latest time project name in each group. and there is only one data in each group

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...