Splunk Search

How do I fill values in a timechart for a non existing event?

avisriv

How do I fill values in a timechart for a non existing event? Suppose that the event is received at 5:00AM. Then, I would want to fill data of this 5:00AM to the timechart before 5:00AM? filldown is working to fill after 5:00AM, but not before 5:00AM.

source="something_source" topic="something_topic" earliest = "-1d" client="cpu1305" 
| timechart span=1m latest(msg) as Valuess
| filldown 
| fillnull value=latest(msg) Valuess
0 Karma
1 Solution

Sukisen1981
Champion

Something like this ?

| timechart span=5m latest(action) as Valuess
 | filldown 
 |eventstats first(Valuess) as v | fillnull value=0 Valuess | eval Valuess=if(Valuess=0,v,Valuess) | fields - v

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

Something like this ?

| timechart span=5m latest(action) as Valuess
 | filldown 
 |eventstats first(Valuess) as v | fillnull value=0 Valuess | eval Valuess=if(Valuess=0,v,Valuess) | fields - v
0 Karma

avisriv

Hi! Thanks for the answer. Only one problem is that the values that are being filled before 5:00 AM is the latest value, but i need to fill it with the first received event, not the last received event.
i tried using 'first' in-place of 'last', but it doesn't work

0 Karma

avisriv

no worries, i just found a solution. just moved the eventstats before fillnull and replaced 'last' with 'first'.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...