Splunk Search

How do I create a new field time?

MagicCerbero

I have an alert table with certain values:
Time (alert occurrence) | Alert Name | Severity....

Would it be possible to create a time entry the first time an alert is accessed?

This would help me to create a first response SLA.

Time Alert Name Severity First reponse SLA
03/16/2022 05:20 PM Failed Login Medium 03/16/2022 05:25 PM 00:05
03/16/2022 05:30 PM Acces invalid High    
Labels (4)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

MagicCerbero

MagicCerbero_1-1647448920169.png

Correct is a question, is it possible to detect the exact date when the alert results are first accessed for review?

I don't know if it is possible for Splunk to collect that value in a field when doing that action.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How do you detect the first time an alert is accessed? Or is that your question? What do you mean by "accessed"?

0 Karma

MagicCerbero

Correct is a question, is it possible to detect the exact date when the alert results are first accessed for review?

I don't know if it is possible for Splunk to collect that value in a field when doing that action.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...