Splunk Search

How do I combine storage statistics of indexes with the index, sourcetype, and host?

alanzchan
Path Finder

I can use a rest search from the services/data/indexesendpoint to calculate storage statistics, like the index size in GB, of each index. I would like to combine these storage statistics to a table that has the index, sourcetype, and host. Currently, I'm using this tstats search:

| tstats count where index=* by index sourcetype, host | stats list(host) as Hosts by index sourcetype| rename index as "Index", sourcetype as "Sourcetype(s)"

I don't believe that |rest and |tstats can be used together. Is there a way I can do this only using |tstats? Possibly by using license usage?

Any help is appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

adonio
Ultra Champion

why cant they used together?
| rest ... | stats ... keep index field ....
| append [ | tstats ....

or you can use | join for example
i think you might like the | dbisnpect command too, as you can calculate growth over time

something like that:

| tstats values(sourcetype) as v_st values(host) as hosts where index=* by index
    | append [| rest /services/data/indexes | ... your statistics here ... by title
    | rename title as index]

hope it helps

View solution in original post

adonio
Ultra Champion

why cant they used together?
| rest ... | stats ... keep index field ....
| append [ | tstats ....

or you can use | join for example
i think you might like the | dbisnpect command too, as you can calculate growth over time

something like that:

| tstats values(sourcetype) as v_st values(host) as hosts where index=* by index
    | append [| rest /services/data/indexes | ... your statistics here ... by title
    | rename title as index]

hope it helps

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...