Splunk Search

How come my trendline is not displaying on a single visualization?

jaj
Path Finder

How can I get trendline data to show up on a single visualization using the following query? The results come back fine as timechart count, but the panel won't display:

index=ui_logs source="*.logs*" | search ("Start Transaction" "status=COMPLETE")  OR ("Start Transaction" AND "status=FAILED") |
stats count(eval(searchmatch("Start Transaction") AND searchmatch("status=COMPLETE"))) as successCount 
      count(eval(searchmatch("Start Transaction") AND searchmatch("status=FAILED"))) as errorCount |
eval totalCount = successCount + errorCount |
timechart count as totalCount

I would like to map the results to a single trendline display as such:
alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@jaj your command with stats is removing _time field which is required by timechart

index=ui_logs source="*.logs*" search ("Start Transaction" "status=COMPLETE")  OR ("Start Transaction" AND "status=FAILED") 
| timechart count(eval(searchmatch("Start Transaction") AND searchmatch("status=COMPLETE"))) as successCount 
       count(eval(searchmatch("Start Transaction") AND searchmatch("status=FAILED"))) as errorCount 
| eval totalCount = successCount + errorCount 
| table _time totalCount

As stated in one of my precious answers, you can directly use the following after your base search:

| timechart count as totalCount

PS: move your | search ... to the base search as in answer above since the SPL in your question is asking for all the results from index and then filtering required data.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@jaj your command with stats is removing _time field which is required by timechart

index=ui_logs source="*.logs*" search ("Start Transaction" "status=COMPLETE")  OR ("Start Transaction" AND "status=FAILED") 
| timechart count(eval(searchmatch("Start Transaction") AND searchmatch("status=COMPLETE"))) as successCount 
       count(eval(searchmatch("Start Transaction") AND searchmatch("status=FAILED"))) as errorCount 
| eval totalCount = successCount + errorCount 
| table _time totalCount

As stated in one of my precious answers, you can directly use the following after your base search:

| timechart count as totalCount

PS: move your | search ... to the base search as in answer above since the SPL in your question is asking for all the results from index and then filtering required data.

jaj
Path Finder

@niketnilay thank you again!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...