Splunk Search

How can I show average, peak, and peak time in a single search?

wierling

Hi, my first post..I'm trying to display in a search the Average TPS (transactions per second), along with Peak TPS, along with timestamp that peak TPS occurred at in a 1 hour window.
Example:
AvgTPS | PeakTPS | PeakTime
100 | 500 | 11:05:15

I can get the values in separate searches, but can't seem to combine them into a single table result as above.

Here is the search that gets Average and Peak TPS:

index=test | timechart span=1m count(index) AS TPM | eval TPS=TPM/60 | stats avg(TPS) as avgTPS, max(TPS) as peakTPS

Here's the search that gets Peak TPS and Time peak occurred:

index=test | timechart span=1m count(index) AS TPM | eval peakTPS=TPM/60 | table peakTPS _time | sort peakTPS desc | head 1

How can I get the results in a single search?
Thanks,
-Bob

0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

Try this!

index=test 
| timechart span=1s count AS TPS
| eventstats max(TPS) as peakTPS
| eval peakTime=if(peakTPS==TPS,_time,null())
| stats avg(TPS) as avgTPS first(peakTPS) as peakTPS first(peakTime) as peakTime
| fieldformat peakTime=strftime(peakTime,"%x %X")

The eventstats command calculates the peakTPS and then the following eval command determines when that peakTPS occurred.

View solution in original post

lguinn2
Legend

Try this!

index=test 
| timechart span=1s count AS TPS
| eventstats max(TPS) as peakTPS
| eval peakTime=if(peakTPS==TPS,_time,null())
| stats avg(TPS) as avgTPS first(peakTPS) as peakTPS first(peakTime) as peakTime
| fieldformat peakTime=strftime(peakTime,"%x %X")

The eventstats command calculates the peakTPS and then the following eval command determines when that peakTPS occurred.

wierling

That worked! Thanks for quick reply and solution.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

March Community Office Hours Security Series Uncovered!

Hello Splunk Community! In March, Splunk Community Office Hours spotlighted our fabulous Splunk Threat ...

Stay Connected: Your Guide to April Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars in April. This post ...