Splunk Search

How can I rename column names after a transpose based on a field?

rodrigorenie
Explorer

Hello Everyone.

I have a search that uses streamstat to create a field called "answer" and "frequency" for each resulting event. Each of these events has another field, called "app", which is the applicaction that generated that event. I also use "dedup" command to get only the last event generated by each application, resulting in something like this:

app=APP1;anwser=123;freq=159
app=APP2;anwser=456;freq=77
app=APP3;anwser=789;freq=44
app=APP4;anwser=112;freq=332

I want to create a simple table that has as columns the name of the application (from the "app" field) and as values (lines) of the table, the answer and the freq, like this:

APP1     APP2     APP3     APP4
answer     123      456      789      112 
freq       159      77       44       332

What I've done so far is this:

mysearch | table answer,frequency | transpose | 
 rename "row 1" as APP1, "row 2" as APP2,  "row 3" as APP3,  "row 4" as APP4

Which does the trick, but would be perfect if I could rename the automatically created rows by the transpose command with the values of the "app" field.

Is it possible to do that or is there a better way to create such table?

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this

your search with streamstats giving a table with app anwser freq | untable app name value | xyseries name app value

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this

your search with streamstats giving a table with app anwser freq | untable app name value | xyseries name app value

rodrigorenie
Explorer

yeap! Worked perfectly! Didn't know about the untable command, thank you!!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...