Splunk Search

How can I perform a lookup of a value against Threat Intelligence datamodel to see if it is present or not?

ezmo1982
Path Finder

Hi, 

I am using the Threat Intelligence datamodel in my Splunk ES environment. It is being populated with a Threat Intel Feed source. I would now like to check if certain values from my searches exist in the data model, so i can enrich correlation searches etc. I basically want to my searches to lookup the data model and output if the value exists or not, along with the matched value.

For example,  i have a field named url  which will be returned from the following search:

index="cisco_fmc" rec_type_desc="File Malware Event" eventtype=cisco_fmc_malware disposition=Malware

I now want to add SPL to the above so it looks up the value of url  against the Threat Intel datamodel. The datamodel contains the standard two fields - threat_match_field which can be url, and threat_match_value which is the associated value. If present, I would like to add a new field to the output named match which should be set to "Yes" if present and "No" if not. Would also like to output the threat_match_value  itself to the output.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...