Splunk Search

How can I get the subsearch results in the same row as the main search?

uhkc777
Explorer

Hi,

Please see the image below. I want to get shipcond=NEXTDAY in the first column also. How can I get that? Here, SAP_salesorder is a common field in both.
alt text

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

To get it in the same row as the main search, use appendcols instead of append. Note, the column names cannot be same between main search and subsearch.

0 Karma

uhkc777
Explorer

@sundareshr

index=wms-stage 1000075422|search ORDDETAILSTATUS="Shipped"|dedup SAP_SALESORDER SO_LINEITEM|table SAP_SALESORDER SO_LINEITEM SHIPPINGCODE SHIPCONDITION|appendcols[|search index=sapecc-stage sourcetype="SE8-SalesOrder" 1000075422|table SHIPPINGCONDITION ]|

Output:
SAP_SALESORDER SO_LINEITEM SHIPPINGCODE SHIPCONDITION
1000075422 10 21 GROUND (FedEx)

Still not getting SHIPPINGCONDITION IN SUBSEARCH as a result

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

index=wms-stage 1000075422|search ORDDETAILSTATUS="Shipped"|dedup SAP_SALESORDER SO_LINEITEM|table SAP_SALESORDER SO_LINEITEM SHIPPINGCODE SHIPCONDITION|appendcols[|search index=sapecc-stage sourcetype="SE8-SalesOrder" 1000075422| rename SHIPPINGCONDITION AS SHIPCOND | table SHIPCOND ]|
0 Karma

uhkc777
Explorer

NO still getting the same result

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

index=wms-stage 1000075422|search ORDDETAILSTATUS="Shipped"|dedup SAP_SALESORDER SO_LINEITEM|fields SAP_SALESORDER SO_LINEITEM SHIPPINGCODE SHIPCONDITION | stats values(*) as * | appendcols[|search index=sapecc-stage sourcetype="SE8-SalesOrder" 1000075422| rename SHIPPINGCONDITION AS SHIPCOND | fields SHIPCOND | stats values(*) as *]|
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...