Splunk Search

How can I get scheduled searches to run in verbose mode

lmtaylor
Engager

We are having an issues getting results back from scheduled searches. When I open the instance of a report I get either zero results or not the exact number of results from the search. It's showing it ran in fast mode, when I change it to verbose I get the correct results. I've read the post "https://answers.splunk.com/answers/124352/scheduled-report-in-verbose-mode.html?utm_source=typeahead..." and it indicates setting the display.page.search.mode = verbose will only apply to saved searches and not scheduled searches, is that true?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

verbose mode is meant to help user to see automatically extracted field on the left pane in Event Viewer in search app. This is requires extra resource usage and making search slower. So, scheduled search won't use verbose mode because scheduled search does not required extra field extraction for event viewer.

As you are describing, if your scheduled search does not return results and the same search does not return result in "Fast mode", but the same search returns results in "Verbose mode"
Something is wrong. I recommend to file a Support case. It might be a bug.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...