Splunk Search

How can I filter all events to exclude this string?

POR160893
Builder

Hi,

I have an index of log events and I have been asked to exclude all events with a certain string in it. The String I need to omit is drminprtmgmt.isus.emc.com. This string (which represents a device) is not mapped to any field currently. How can I filter all events to exclude this string?

This is currently what I have (which does NOT work):

POR160893_0-1649672970092.png

Many thanks,
Patrick

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @POR160893,

as @PickleRick said, you have to use the search command or (better) put the string to exclude in the main search, something like this:

index=ironport sourcetype=cisco:wsa:squid NOT drminprtmgmt.isus.emc.com

Ciao.

Giuseppe

POR160893
Builder

This worked perfectly, thanks! 😁

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @POR160893 ,

good for you, if this answer solves your need, please accept it or the other people of Community, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Don't use the "where" command - it's meant for boolean-evaluating conditions. Use the "search" command.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...