Splunk Search

How can I count different types of Splunk searches

arpit_arora
Explorer

Hello, I am reading the following resource from Splunk documentation and I find that there are 8 types of searches in Splunk.
I am listing them below.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/6.6.3/Search/Dispatchdirectoryandsearchartifacts

(1) Local ad hoc search
(2) Saved search
(3) Scheduled search
(4) Remote search
(5) Real-time search
(6) Replicated search
(7) Replicated scheduled search
(8) Report acceleration search

I am trying to understand how can I count the number of such searches.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@arpit_arora , (Disitributed) Management Console or DMC built in to Splunk provides a lot of these insights. You have merged Search Modes (Real-Time, Historical, etc) and Search Types (Scheduled, Report Acceleration, Datamodel Acceleration etc) together.

You should check out following two Dashboards under DMC > Search

By Changing the Group By dropdown to Mode or Type, you should be able to gather analytical information as per your need. If not you can build your own query on top of these as per your use case.

DalJeanis
Legend

Lots of those categories intermingle - some are run-time/past and some aren't.

As long as you are going for everything, you might as well add "skipped search" to the list.

0 Karma

lfedak_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @arpit_arora, saw this in the queue twice--this post is now live and the other one was closed. I edited to include the second title.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...