Splunk Search

How can I apply mvdedup to field dst.port only if numbers of dst ports = field COUNT?

bosseres
Contributor

Hello everyone!

I have basic search

index=main
| stats list(src.port), list(dst.port) count(src.ip) as COUNT by id

How can I apply mvdedup (or stats dc, don't know how better) to field dst.port only if numbers of dst ports = field COUNT?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The mvdedup function and stats dc() command do different things. mvdedup removes duplicate entries whereas stats dc() counts unique values and does nothing to duplicates. The query below will only work with mvdedup because the stats command would not work in the same context.

index=main 
| stats list(src.port), list(dst.port) count(src.ip) as COUNT by id 
| eval dst.port = if(mvcount(dst.port) = COUNT, mvdedup(dst.port), dst.port)
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

bosseres
Contributor

Thank you very much for your respond!

And what if I want to apply function mvdedup to multivalue field ONLY if there are all values of dst.port are the same? Example:

1) dst.port 80 80 80 80 and COUNT 4 - mvdedup

2) dst.port 80 80 80 70 and COUNT 4 - no mvdedup

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
index=main 
| stats list(src.port), list(dst.port) as list_dst values(dst.port) as values_dst count(src.ip) as COUNT by id
| eval list_dst=if(mvcount(values_dst)=1,values_dst,list_dst)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...