Splunk Search

How I can compare 1 day security metric to another day and also generate a metric report that shows low and high

ngwodo
Path Finder

I need help on how I  can compare 1 day security metric to another day and also generate a metric report that shows low and high and compare it to the security metric in the spreadsheet.

Below is the splunk query I have:

index=security sourcetype="Computers" "Computer Status"=Enabled earliest=-12mon@mon
| bin _time span=1day
| dedup _time sAMAccountName
| timechart span=1day count
| stats avg(count) AS avg stdev(count) AS stdev min(count) AS min max(count) AS max latest(count) AS latest_count
| eval min_thres=5000, max_thres=7500
| eval alert=if((latest_count<min_thres OR latest_count>max_thres), 1, 0)

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

ngwodo
Path Finder

The Splunk query did not run. I am just giving you an update.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

sample:

| tstats count where index=_internal earliest=-2w@w latest=-2w@w+1d by _time span=1h
| append [| tstats count where index=_internal earliest=-1w@w latest=-1w@w+1d by _time span=1h ]
| eval time_range=if(_time <= relative_time(now(),"-1w@w-1"),"last_week","current_week")
| eventstats avg(count) AS avg stdev(count) AS stdev min(count) AS min max(count) AS max latest(count) AS latest_count by time_range
| eval time=strftime(_time,"%T")
| xyseries time time_range *
| rename "*: current_week" as current_week:*, "*: last_week" as last_week:*

xyseries would be a good choice.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...