Splunk Search

How I can compare 1 day security metric to another day and also generate a metric report that shows low and high

ngwodo
Path Finder

I need help on how I  can compare 1 day security metric to another day and also generate a metric report that shows low and high and compare it to the security metric in the spreadsheet.

Below is the splunk query I have:

index=security sourcetype="Computers" "Computer Status"=Enabled earliest=-12mon@mon
| bin _time span=1day
| dedup _time sAMAccountName
| timechart span=1day count
| stats avg(count) AS avg stdev(count) AS stdev min(count) AS min max(count) AS max latest(count) AS latest_count
| eval min_thres=5000, max_thres=7500
| eval alert=if((latest_count<min_thres OR latest_count>max_thres), 1, 0)

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

ngwodo
Path Finder

The Splunk query did not run. I am just giving you an update.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

sample:

| tstats count where index=_internal earliest=-2w@w latest=-2w@w+1d by _time span=1h
| append [| tstats count where index=_internal earliest=-1w@w latest=-1w@w+1d by _time span=1h ]
| eval time_range=if(_time <= relative_time(now(),"-1w@w-1"),"last_week","current_week")
| eventstats avg(count) AS avg stdev(count) AS stdev min(count) AS min max(count) AS max latest(count) AS latest_count by time_range
| eval time=strftime(_time,"%T")
| xyseries time time_range *
| rename "*: current_week" as current_week:*, "*: last_week" as last_week:*

xyseries would be a good choice.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...