Splunk Search

Help with timewrap Command

Shashank_87
Explorer

Hi, I am trying to show a comparison of traffic on my website for today, yesterday and last week. I am using below query for getting the results. My query is if i put that into a chart then on x-axis, i get time field which shows time for last 24 hours. So what does it mean exactly?
I mean does it show the 7 days before on this time, this was the traffic? I am not able to get the _time field understanding here.
Can someone help?

index=web_prod sourcetype=access_combined req_content="/" earliest=-8d@d latest=now
| timechart count span=1h
| timewrap d
| table _time 1day_before 7days_before latest_day

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The timewrap normalises all the time series on to the same time window, i.e. in your case the last 24 hours. It will create a new series for each of the days going back in time in your search time range

I think your field names are not quite right

| table _time 1day_before 7days_before latest_day

Missing '_' character in fields 

Jegan
Engager

This would work

index=webprod sourcetype=accesscombined reqcontent="/" | timechart count span=1h | timewrap d | table _time, _span, 1daybefore, 7daysbefore, latestday

0 Karma

Jegan
Engager

Got answer for the above?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...