Splunk Search

Help with search to make report?

john8745

Hi, dear splunkers, actually im new to splunk and I need to write a query in order to make a report. So, from a logs I have to display for several employees their first connection time for each day for a period of two weeks and have it in output.  As i see steps would be to take each day, find  time of earliest event and write it in output. How it would be better to implement it? Thanks in advance.

My draft

index=<insex_name> sourcetype=<source_name> earliest=-14d latest=-13d user@email | sort _time asc | head 1 | table _time, user | eval 25.05=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%Q") | fields - _time
Labels (4)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could start with something like this

index=<insex_name> sourcetype=<source_name> earliest=-14d@d latest=@d user@email 
| bin span=1d _time as day
| stats earliest(_time) as first by day user
| fieldformat first=strftime(first,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%Q")
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...