Splunk Search

Help on weblog parsing

pbenner
Explorer

I need to aggregate the values found in the apache weblogs. First I need to parse out several fields. I can get these fileds parsed out. But now I need to aggregate the counts of these fields. For example, the number of elements requested per client over a selected time range. So I need to count all the elements for each client and display them in a graph. And also show in descending order the clients that requested an element. Is this doable? If so what components do I use?

0 Karma
1 Solution

Lowell
Super Champion

Yes. This is very doable.

I would recommend checking out the following search commands to get started:

• stats
  • chart
  • timechart

If you are pretty new to splunk. Check out How search commands work and go from there. There is also a basic search tutorial that is very helpful in walking though basic commands too.

View solution in original post

Lowell
Super Champion

Yes. This is very doable.

I would recommend checking out the following search commands to get started:

• stats
  • chart
  • timechart

If you are pretty new to splunk. Check out How search commands work and go from there. There is also a basic search tutorial that is very helpful in walking though basic commands too.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...