Splunk Search

Help on weblog parsing

pbenner
Explorer

I need to aggregate the values found in the apache weblogs. First I need to parse out several fields. I can get these fileds parsed out. But now I need to aggregate the counts of these fields. For example, the number of elements requested per client over a selected time range. So I need to count all the elements for each client and display them in a graph. And also show in descending order the clients that requested an element. Is this doable? If so what components do I use?

0 Karma
1 Solution

Lowell
Super Champion

Yes. This is very doable.

I would recommend checking out the following search commands to get started:

• stats
  • chart
  • timechart

If you are pretty new to splunk. Check out How search commands work and go from there. There is also a basic search tutorial that is very helpful in walking though basic commands too.

View solution in original post

Lowell
Super Champion

Yes. This is very doable.

I would recommend checking out the following search commands to get started:

• stats
  • chart
  • timechart

If you are pretty new to splunk. Check out How search commands work and go from there. There is also a basic search tutorial that is very helpful in walking though basic commands too.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...