Splunk Search

Help comparing outputcsv to inputcsv

michaelnorup
Communicator

Hi Team.

I have a big ol search that tables a bunch of resource usage data. Now i smack and outputcsv on that badboy, and schedule it to run once a month.

Before it runs next month i would like to run the search again , drag in the old search with inputcsv and then compare the two, and maybe only list the changes (And maybe how much it changes?)

(index="redacted" OR index="redacted2") EventCode=1011 | rex field=Message "\W(?<ServerName>\S+)\s\w+\W(?<PowerState>\S+)\s\w+\W(?<CpuCount>\S+)\s\w+\W(?<CoresPerSocket>\S+)\s\w+\W(?<GuestHostName>\S+)(:)(?<GuestOS>.+)(MemoryMB)\W(?<MemoryMB>\S+)\s\w+\W(?<ResourcePool>.+)(Version)\W(?<Version>\w+)\s\w+\W(?<UsedSpaceGB>\S+)\s\w+\W(?<ProvisionedSpaceGB>\S+)\s\w+\W(?<VMHost>\S+)\s\w+\W(?<Folder>.+)" | eval UsedSpaceGB = round(UsedSpaceGB,2) | eval ProvisionedSpaceGB = round(ProvisionedSpaceGB,2) | search VMHost="***" | table ServerName PowerState CpuCount CoresPerSocket GuestHostName GuestOS MemoryMB ResourcePool Version UsedSpaceGB ProvisionedSpaceGB VMHost Folder | dedup ServerName | search ServerName="*" | search VMHost="*" PowerState="*" ResourcePool="redacted "| outputcsv redacted_filename.csv

New search: inputcsv redacted_filename.csv lists the old search just fine, except it sorted the tablenames alphabetically, but whatever.

Is there an easy way to compare the two, or will i have to extract all fields and compare manually?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

michaelnorup
Communicator

Anybody with an idea for a quicker way to do it?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could use stats values(*) as * by key field and then look for mvcount()s greater than 1

michaelnorup
Communicator

Hey ITWhisperer, thanks for replying.

Think you could spell it out for me? 😐

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this

your search (without outputlookup)
| inputlookup redacted_filename.csv
| stats values(*) as * by ServerName
| foreach *
  [| eval different=if(mvcount(<<FIELD>>) > 1, "true", null())]
| where different="true" 
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...