Splunk Search

Heavy forwarder and sysmon

verifi81
Path Finder

Hello friends,

Suppose I install Microsoft Sysmon on a Windows server.  

I then go install the Universal Forwarder on the Windows server with the default settings.  A deployment server is in the mix too if that matters.  

My question is this.  Will the Universal Forwarder know to pick up the Syslog events if using all default settings? Is that defined on the Deployment server?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @verifi81 

By default add-on having sysmon events disabled you shall deploy it UF either via DeploymentServer (DS) having it enabled.  DS doesn't define anything it's the admin who supposed to enable it and put it on DS then whitelist the add-on to get deployed to UF that you wish to.

--

An upvote would be appreciated and Accept the solution if this reply helps!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @verifi81 

By default add-on having sysmon events disabled you shall deploy it UF either via DeploymentServer (DS) having it enabled.  DS doesn't define anything it's the admin who supposed to enable it and put it on DS then whitelist the add-on to get deployed to UF that you wish to.

--

An upvote would be appreciated and Accept the solution if this reply helps!

0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@verifi81 sysmon settings have been shared here FYI - Solved: Re: Connectivity issues - Splunk Community

--

An upvote would be appreciated if this reply helps!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...