Splunk Search

Grouping multiple times

raby1996
Path Finder

Basically I would like to run one stats command where i do some arithmetic and correlation based on one grouping, but i would like to display the results using a different grouping, for example I'm run-in my first stats command grouping by bundle, and display those results grouped by Build.

Thank you

0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
Legend

Hi raby1996,

The important part is to pass on any needed field for the second stats by adding it to the first stats. Try something like this:

your base search here | stats .... by bundle, Build .... | stats ... by Build

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

MuS
Legend

Hi raby1996,

The important part is to pass on any needed field for the second stats by adding it to the first stats. Try something like this:

your base search here | stats .... by bundle, Build .... | stats ... by Build

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

raby1996
Path Finder

Hmmmm i might be doing something wrong, here is my first stats

Base Search

| stats values(Group) as Group list("SFI Level") AS LIC2 count list(MTMS) AS MTMS ,list(Build) AS Build list(it2) AS Current_Bundle_Date , list(nowstring) AS Search_Date(Today) , list(TD) AS Difference , sum(TD) AS Sum, by Bundle
| eval MM=Sum/30.4

and my second stats which doesn't give me the right MM

|stats  list(Bundle), list(LIC2),list(Build),list(count), by Group

Basically I want to group differently without it affecting my results from the first stats(specifically MM) if that makes sense?
P.S I apologize I actaully want to group by "Group" i just changed the name in my question to make it less confusing .
Thank you!

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

hmm looks like I don't get it; those are two different stats by so the result will not be the same?!?

0 Karma

raby1996
Path Finder

Yes you were correct I just had to write and additional stats command with MM included

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

If this answers your question, please accept the answer - thanks 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...