Splunk Search

Get Saved search name details

rosh_dsa

How do I get a list of saved searches name, the user who ran it, the last time it ran and the query it ran, and who created the search ?

I have looked at a couple of queries like, but can't get the creator :-

index=_audit action=search info=granted search=* NOT "search_id='scheduler" NOT "search='|history" NOT "user=splunk-system-user" NOT "search='typeahead" NOT "search='| metadata type=* | search totalCount>0" | stats count by user search _time | sort user | fields user search _time

Tags (1)
0 Karma

rosh_dsa

Thank you.
Does the sourcetype=scheduler gather all Searches ie. "Scheduled" searches and "Saved" searches (which have not been scheduled) ?

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@rosh_dsa,

Try this

index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler savedsearch_name=*
|stats latest(scheduled_time) as last_run,latest(user) as run_user by savedsearch_name
|append [ | rest /services/saved/searches search="is_scheduled=1"|fields title,search,author|rename title as savedsearch_name]
|stats values(*) as * by  savedsearch_name|convert ctime(last_run) as last_run
Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

rosh_dsa

Thank you.
Does the sourcetype=scheduler get all searches i.e. "Saved" searches that have not been scheduled but have been run adhoc ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...