Splunk Search

Geostats zoom level

antlefebvre
Communicator

I am attempting to use geostats to map events per city in my dashboard. Once I zoom to a certain level the map vanishes. Has anyone experienced this and know the solution. My dash looks like this:

<dashboard>
  <label>Mapped Yesterday</label>
  <description>Map from yesterday</description>
  <row>
    <map>
      <title>Mapped Yesterday</title>
      <searchString>index=myindex |geostats count by City globallimit=0</searchString>
      <earliestTime>-1d@d</earliestTime>
      <latestTime>@d</latestTime>
      <option name="mapping.map.fitBounds">(40.58,-73.44,42.3,-71.47)</option>
     <option name="mapping.map.zoom">7</option>
      <option name="mapping.tileLayer.maxZoom">18</option>
      <option name="mapping.data.maxClusters">1000</option>
    </map>
  </row>
</dashboard>
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It looks as if your initial zoom level is set to 7, which is the default maximum zoom level. I don't think there are tiles included in the product for zoom levels beyond seven. For more detailed tiles, you would have to connect to an external tile server, using mapping.tileLayer.url. See the simple XML reference for map.

View solution in original post

dhirendra761
Contributor

This app will be helpful:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3124/

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It looks as if your initial zoom level is set to 7, which is the default maximum zoom level. I don't think there are tiles included in the product for zoom levels beyond seven. For more detailed tiles, you would have to connect to an external tile server, using mapping.tileLayer.url. See the simple XML reference for map.

antlefebvre
Communicator

Thanks. Adding that option did the trick.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...