Splunk Search

Geom command receiving error: Error in 'SearchOperator:Geom': could not resolve

jrfreeze
Explorer

I can't seem to get Splunk to run the search necessary to create a choropleth map. Here is my search:

index="main" host="designsafe01.tacc.utexas.edu" PUT /api/public/files/media/published/designsafe.storage.published
| regex "HTTP\/\d\.\d\s200"
| rex "(?[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3})"

| iplocation wma_ip 
| stats count by Country
| geom geo_countries featureIdField="Country"

It works fine without the last line. I can use geostats to generate cluster maps without a problem.
Any time I try to use the geom command though, I get:

Error in 'SearchOperator:Geom': could not resolve

Any thoughts? I've found a couple of places with things to look for.
One person suggested I should change the settings in the lookup for geo_countries,
but I don't see that lookup.
Isn't that supposed to be there by default?

Thanks,
Joshua

0 Karma

jrfreeze
Explorer

For some reason, this site is not permitting normal field extraction strings. The line starting with "rex" should have 'wma_IP' between less than and greater than signs after the question mark. wma_IP is the name if the field holding the IP address.

I tried leaving a comment correcting it but was deleted from the comment as well.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...