Splunk Search

Filter syntax options in serverclass.conf

Peter
Path Finder

Is it possible to use regular expressions for the whitelist/blacklist filters in serverclass.conf? For example:

whitelist.0=mail[0-9]+.*

Tags (1)
1 Solution

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It is not possible currently (version 4.0). Only * as a wildcard for any character can be used.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It is not possible currently (version 4.0). Only * as a wildcard for any character can be used.

0 Karma

Jason
Motivator

If regex in these whitelists are anything like the regexp in stanza names, there was a bug in the docs. . means dot, * means anything but slash (meaning filenames only) and ... (three dots) means anything, your usual regex .*

0 Karma

Peter
Path Finder

I see that PCRE expressions have been added as of 4.1, but the mappings confuse me. My current serverclass.conf has name8., which mean to match name8.blah and name8.bleh. It would be easier for me to match name[0-9]+.., but the docs seem to indicate that '.' is converted to '.' and '' is converted to '.' Can you add clarity to this?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...