In transforms.conf:

[setnull-f5-probes]
REGEX = send:\s+string$
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue

[f5-fields]
REGEX = (.)
FORMAT = gu::$1

It looks like the filtering the null part works fine.. but the field extractions are not working.
In the above example, I never see the field "gu" being created in search results for sourcetype=bigip-syslog

What am I missing?

0 Karma
1 Solution

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

are you running your search in the same app in which the extraction is defined? if not, the search-time rule must be exported to be globally available (or in 5.0, to be visible in the app in which you are running). You can do this in the admin GUI, or by editing the /metadata/local.meta file in the app. reference: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0/Admin/Defaultmetaconf

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

are you running your search in the same app in which the extraction is defined? if not, the search-time rule must be exported to be globally available (or in 5.0, to be visible in the app in which you are running). You can do this in the admin GUI, or by editing the /metadata/local.meta file in the app. reference: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0/Admin/Defaultmetaconf

0 Karma

lrhazi
Path Finder

I created my app by just creating the directories under etc/app and was thinking of it as non visual app... guess it does matter. I used the "manage" GUI to enable and launch the app and sure enough, my fields are all there! thanks a lot.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...