Splunk Search

Field extraction on post multikv field?

Simon_Shelston
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Is it possible to create a field extraction on a field that only exists after piping through multikv?

In other words, can I persist this:

index="os" sourcetype="netstat" | multikv | rex field=LocalAddress "(?<port>\d{5})$"
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Simon_Shelston
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

No, Splunk will not extract fields that are only present post multikv. This extraction will need to be based on the _raw field.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Simon_Shelston
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

No, Splunk will not extract fields that are only present post multikv. This extraction will need to be based on the _raw field.

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

okay, i just edited it and saw the tag was htmlized away. so that should work as is. just can't make it auto whatever.

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Well, to clarify, it will do almost just as you've set up above (though you're missing a field name for the extraction), it just can't be set up as an automatic extraction.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...