Splunk Search

How to achieve a federated search to link the on-prem indexers to the cloud SH?

andrew_burnett
Path Finder

I have a distributed Splunk environment, meaning a SHC and IDX cluster connected via distributed search as outlined in the Splunk docs. I have a Splunk Cloud free trial, and was wanting to try out federated search to link the on-prem indexers to the cloud SH. However, I cannot get it to work. Has anyone accomplished this before? How the docs outline it to be is that you place the federated search provider pointing at a SH rather than a IDX, and is there ports that need to be opened on the Cloud side?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

khourihan_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The free trial doesn't have the API port open, if I recall.  Can you ping the port ?  8089?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...