Splunk Search

Extract a Particular value from a already extracted field

sen8sen
Engager

Hi Team,

I have extracted a field which contains some response. From that response in that field I need only certain values to be displayed is it possible.

For eg :

The Response is below  comes within a field called Response. Sometimes there will be multiple effectrate in the Response. Please advise.

de":null,"AABBCCDDDEEDDDoProcess":
&&&&&&&&&&&,"effectrate":1.0", "Test"

From this I wanted to display only "effectrate:1.0"

NoResponse
1effectrate:1.0
Labels (1)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you give an example of what multiple effectrate would look like and how you would know the end of one effectrate vs the second.

The data you posted seems to have quotes in various places that don't make sense, e.g. the quote in 

,"effectrate":1.0",

0 Karma

sen8sen
Engager

Thanks a lot -:). Will try.

0 Karma

sen8sen
Engager

Hi ,

Thanks for your response, below is the sample for the multiple effectrate and sometimes it will be repeated 2 or 3 times and sometimes it will be only once.

"TestResponse":null,"AABBCCDDDEEDDDoProcess":
&&&&&&&&&&&,"effectrate":"1.0",Test""TESTPRocess_ID":*****,"effectiveDate":null,"expirationDate":null,"externalJurisdictionCode":null},"accumulate":null,"calculated":3.31,"effectrate":0.06625,"Rate":null,"basis":null,"exempt":null,"nonTaxable":null

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sen8sen,

if you want to extract the values after effectrate in the field called "response", you could use this regex:

| rex field=response "\"effectrate\":(\"|\s*)(?<effectrate>[^\",]+)"

that you can test at https://regex101.com/r/JBgVAA/1

if instead you want in the field also the word effectrate, you could use this regex:

| rex field=response "\"(?<effectrate>effectrate\":(\"|\s*)[^\",]+)"

Ciao.

Giuseppe

sen8sen
Engager

Hi Thanks for your response. But it didnt help. Not sure, if I have explained earlier clearly. I have a field called Response which contains response in the below format.

{"responseDateTime":1594937190449,"status":"SUCCESS",{"value":"********","jurisdictionLevel":"******","jurisdictionId":******,"effectiveDate":null,"expirationDate":null,"externalJurisdictionCode":null},"Jurisdiction":null,"Tax":0.0,"effectRate":3.0,"taxApportionmentRate":null,"basisReductionPercentage":null,"exempt":null,"nonTaxable":null,"taxable":{"value":0.0,"unitOfMeasure":null},"reportingBasis":null,"imposition":{"value":"Sales and Use Tax","userDefined":null,"impositionId":1},"impositionType":{"value":"General Sales and Use","errorMessages":"null"}

From the above I just wanted to show "effectRate":3.0 alone in the field Response, I don't want to show the other things. and sometimes in this Response there will be many effectRate.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You are posting different data each time you post - in the last example your word was 

effectRate - not effectrate as in previous examples.

The following search will work based on your latest example

|  makeresults
|  eval Response="{\"responseDateTime\":1594937190449,\"status\":\"SUCCESS\",{\"value\":\"********\",\"jurisdictionLevel\":\"******\",\"jurisdictionId\":******,\"effectiveDate\":null,\"expirationDate\":null,\"externalJurisdictionCode\":null},\"Jurisdiction\":null,\"Tax\":0.0,\"effectRate\":3.0,\"taxApportionmentRate\":null,\"basisReductionPercentage\":null,\"exempt\":null,\"nonTaxable\":null,\"taxable\":{\"value\":0.0,\"unitOfMeasure\":null},\"reportingBasis\":null,\"imposition\":{\"value\":\"Sales and Use Tax\",\"userDefined\":null,\"impositionId\":1},\"impositionType\":{\"value\":\"General Sales and Use\",\"errorMessages\":\"null\"}"
| rex field=Response "\"(?<effectrate>effectRate\":(\"|\s+)?[^\",]+)"

However, the last rex line, which is what you want is looking for an optional presence of quotes or spaces before the number and looking for a quote or comma to end the capture. If this changes, then it won't work. You have shown the number sometimes in quotes and sometimes not, so it's a good idea to ensure your data is consistent.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...