Splunk Search

Every _time timestamp in a transaction as a multivalue field

supersleepwalke
Communicator

How do I get all the individual event times from a transaction and have them in a multivalue field as part of the transaction?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

supersleepwalke
Communicator

Easy way to do this is just assign _time to another variable before the transaction. In the following example, I've also used strftime to convert from epoch to human-readable format:

sourcetype=foo "your search here" | eval times=strftime(_time,"%F %H:%M:%S") | transaction bar

Now times will be a multivalue field that contains all the individual timestamps from each event!

View solution in original post

supersleepwalke
Communicator

Easy way to do this is just assign _time to another variable before the transaction. In the following example, I've also used strftime to convert from epoch to human-readable format:

sourcetype=foo "your search here" | eval times=strftime(_time,"%F %H:%M:%S") | transaction bar

Now times will be a multivalue field that contains all the individual timestamps from each event!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...