Splunk Search

Events are getting matched, but why don't I see any table with messageid and timediff?

amitrinx
Explorer

I have 2 events having fields
1. id_cse_event: sqsmessageid,timestamp
2. Scim: sqs_message_id, timestamp.

I want to search all the messages published by id_cse_events in scim using messageid, then find the difference between the time stamps

This is the query i have wrote:
sourcetype=id-cse-events
| where isnotnull(sqsMessageId)
| eval sqsmsgid=sqsMessageId
| eval id_cse_time=timeStamp
| table sqsmsgid, id_cse_time
| map
[search sourcetype=scim |fields line.message.sqs_message_id, line.timestamp|search line.message.sqs_message_id="$sqsmsgid$"
| eval time_diff_in_seconds=strptime(id_cse_time,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S")-strptime(line.timestamp,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S") ]maxsearches=9999
| table line.message.sqs_message_id,time_diff_in_seconds

id_cse_time= 2023-01-27T09:55:45.970831Z
scim timestamp = 2023-01-27T08:24:28.601+0000

The events are getting matched, but i don't see any table with messageid and timediff.
Can anyone help?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Rather than using map, try gathering the events with stats

sourcetype=id-cse-events OR sourcetype=scim
| eval sqsmsgid=coalesce(sqsMessageId,line.message.sqs_message_id)
| stats values(timeStamp) as id_cse_time values(line.timestamp) as line_timestamp by sqsmsgid
| eval time_diff_in_seconds=strptime(id_cse_time,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S")-strptime(line.timestamp,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S")
| table sqsmsgid,time_diff_in_seconds

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Rather than using map, try gathering the events with stats

sourcetype=id-cse-events OR sourcetype=scim
| eval sqsmsgid=coalesce(sqsMessageId,line.message.sqs_message_id)
| stats values(timeStamp) as id_cse_time values(line.timestamp) as line_timestamp by sqsmsgid
| eval time_diff_in_seconds=strptime(id_cse_time,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S")-strptime(line.timestamp,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S")
| table sqsmsgid,time_diff_in_seconds

amitrinx
Explorer

With this query i can only see the timestamps of id_cse_events not for the scim

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please can you share some events from both sourcetypes (anonymised of course), preferably in code blocks </> to prevent information being removes by the formatting process.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...