Splunk Search

Event breaking to middle text at index time

Dov1
Observer

Hello,

I have some text I indexing, In the middle I have csv table, and some information at end, look like this

Text text text text.

#begining of csv#

Aa,BBC,cc,dd

#end of csv#

Text text text

How to index only the lines in the csv as events

Thank you

Dov

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Unless the csv data is in some distinct easy distinguishable format, there's no way to filter out events based on other events. Events go through ingestion pipeline one at a time and there is no global state you can rely on (to remember whether you already met the header or footer of the data part). With small chunks of this csv data you could try to do some magic involving event breaking so that input is broken on the csv header but it'd be highly ineffective and prone to errors. And you'd get a single event consisting of whole csv content, not separate csv lines and that's probably not what you want.

I'd go for scripted/modular input but that requires some development.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...