Splunk Search

Error in 'DataModelCache': Invalid or unaccelerable root object for datamodel

nareshinsvu
Builder

Hi Champs,

I am getting below error when I run below tstats command. My datamodel is just a search query with multiple rex, evals and transaction commands - saved as a Datamodel/Table

|tstats count from datamodel=0_WebPay_Dataset

Error in 'DataModelCache': Invalid or unaccelerable root object for datamodel

How can I fix this without creating a new Datamodel with a Dataset having a root object? - This makes my effort complex.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @nareshinsvu,

seems like you're hitting something similar to this :
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/279032/searching-from-a-data-model-using-tstats-why-am-i.html

You'll need to define a root event as shown here :
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Knowledge/Designdatamodelobjects#Add_a_root_even...

And then accelerate the DM to make sure you can run the search on your summary data.

0 Karma

nareshinsvu
Builder

My datamodel is of type "table" But not a "data model". That's the reason, I am not able to add a new dataset (of root event) to this datamodel. And hence not able to accelarate as it is having a combination of rex,evals and transaction commands which might be streaming in my case (Im not sure)

How can I define a root event on my existing datamodel which is a table and get tstats working?

0 Karma

nareshinsvu
Builder

Need help from tstats experts please.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...