Splunk Search

Error in 'DataModelCache': Invalid or unaccelerable root object for datamodel

nareshinsvu
Builder

Hi Champs,

I am getting below error when I run below tstats command. My datamodel is just a search query with multiple rex, evals and transaction commands - saved as a Datamodel/Table

|tstats count from datamodel=0_WebPay_Dataset

Error in 'DataModelCache': Invalid or unaccelerable root object for datamodel

How can I fix this without creating a new Datamodel with a Dataset having a root object? - This makes my effort complex.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @nareshinsvu,

seems like you're hitting something similar to this :
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/279032/searching-from-a-data-model-using-tstats-why-am-i.html

You'll need to define a root event as shown here :
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Knowledge/Designdatamodelobjects#Add_a_root_even...

And then accelerate the DM to make sure you can run the search on your summary data.

0 Karma

nareshinsvu
Builder

My datamodel is of type "table" But not a "data model". That's the reason, I am not able to add a new dataset (of root event) to this datamodel. And hence not able to accelarate as it is having a combination of rex,evals and transaction commands which might be streaming in my case (Im not sure)

How can I define a root event on my existing datamodel which is a table and get tstats working?

0 Karma

nareshinsvu
Builder

Need help from tstats experts please.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...