Splunk Search

Error during Search

strive
Influencer

Hi,

In the home page of our application, a combo box is populated with results from a splunk search. At times, the combo box does not load, and an error is displayed below the combo box. The error is: This SearchLister module could not retrieve its results. A 500 error was returned with the following text "error".

After seeing the error if i go to search page and try executing a search, i get an error. The error is: [IDX] Streamed search execute failed because: Error in 'litsearch' command: Your Splunk license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times. Renew your Splunk license by visiting www.splunk.com/store or calling 866.GET.SPLUNK.

If i login to Job scheduler node and check, license information. It shows everything is valid. The errors wont disappear until i restart the JS node. (Power off and then Power on the Virtual Machine).

Why these errors are displayed.

We use shared splunk enterprise license for our development environment.

Thanks

Strive

Tags (1)
0 Karma

abhib89
Explorer

Hi, did you ever get the solution for it ? i am facing the exact same issue, while trying ti search. when i go and check license page, there are no errors at all , plus my other environments of Splunk are running absolutely fine.

Can Support assist please ?

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Open a support case, this the community forum and you cannot expect your support request will been seen by support. Learn here http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.6/Troubleshooting/HowtofileagreatSupportcase how to file a great support case..

cheers, MuS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...