Splunk Search

Enhanced timeline highlight certain events- Is there anything I can do in the search?

michaeler
Communicator

I created an enhanced timeline that works the way I want but I'm wondering if there is a way to highlight or change the color of the block for certain events. The ones I want to highlight begin with a * so they are easy to identify.

Is there anything I can do in the search?

I'm displaying the graphic on a classic dashboard, is there something I can do to the source code to get this done?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you share details of what you have already done to create an enhance timeline, so we have an idea of your current situation?

0 Karma

michaeler
Communicator

I can't share the results because it's on a different system but here is part of the search:

index=meetings ...
| rex field=field1 ".*\((?P<Date>\d[^\)]+)"
| eval current = strftime(now(), "%d %b")
| where Date=current
| rex field=field2 "(?<Details>.*)\((?<Ztime>.*)\)"
| rex field=Ztime "(?<sT>\d{4})"
| rex field=Ztime "\d{4}\s?[-]\s?(?<eT>\d{4}[Z])"
| eval Date=Date." ".date_year, startTime=Date." ".sT."Z", endTime=Date." ".eT
| eval start=strftime(strptime(startTime, "%d %b %Y %H%MZ"), "%d %b %Y %H:%M %Z"), end==strftime(strptime(endTime, "%d %b %Y %H%MZ"), "%d %b %Y %H:%M %Z")
| table Details start end field1

Results example:

Details                start                                              end                                                  issue

Meeting 1         16 Mar 2023 12:00 EDT       16 Mar 2023 13:30 EDT          Meeting (16 Mar)
* K Meet            16 Mar 2023 10:00 EDT       16 Mar 2023 12:00 EDT          Meeting (16 Mar)

When I put it into an Enhanced Timeline it looks as expected and works correctly, I just want to highlight the * meetings or make them standout somehow

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...