Splunk Search

'Encountered the following error while trying to update: Invalid FORMAT: nullQueue' error editing a transform via Splunk Web

wrangler2x
Motivator

I've got this simple transform for dropping unwanted logs which works fine. I went to add something to it and got this Encountered the following error while trying to update: Invalid FORMAT: nullQueue error when I tried to save it. Then I Canceled, and re-clicked on the transform (in Settings>>Fields>>Field transformations) and tried a Save without changing anything and got the same error. Why is that?

[paloaltoNoiseDrop]
REGEX = syslog-conn-status,.*(established|broken)
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue
0 Karma
1 Solution

sbbadri
Motivator

You can implement above use case only through backend i.e., edit transforms.conf by login to the server. In GUI format is only defined like fieldname::$1 or $1.Otherwise you can try like below,

[setnull]
FORMAT = setnull::nullQueue
REGEX = syslog
disabled = 1

View solution in original post

sbbadri
Motivator

You can implement above use case only through backend i.e., edit transforms.conf by login to the server. In GUI format is only defined like fieldname::$1 or $1.Otherwise you can try like below,

[setnull]
FORMAT = setnull::nullQueue
REGEX = syslog
disabled = 1

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...