Splunk Search

Editable by users X and Y axis ranges

iKate
Builder

Hello, splunk experts!
Can you please advise me a way to make it posssible for the users to change ranges of X and Y axises of longtail diagram?

At the moment column diagram shows thousand of purchased items(on X axis) in descenting order by the number of purchases.

It is needed for users to change at a website where they see this statistics to choose first 30, 50, 70 items or range of items from 100-150, 150-250. This was about X axis.

And by Y axis it is needed to choose ranges: 0-500, 500-1000, >1000

Above the diagram I tried to create a table with clickable set of values where clicking any value should put this value to the search string (by using click.value2). Maybe I'm not very experienced in xml, but it didn't work.
I didn't find other way to create a table except adding to the end of the basic search a string:

...| setfields 30="30", 50="50", 70="70" | table 30 50 70 | head 1

But in my xml structure this table search replaces the main search and the diagram shows nothing.
At least how one should arrange xml modules to make this work?

Thanks in advance

0 Karma
1 Solution

iKate
Builder

Gyus, I tried to invent a bicycle! The next day this question was writen I found out that forms can completely solve my problem. Previously I used just dashboards. Now everything works pretty in the way that was described earlier.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

iKate
Builder

Gyus, I tried to invent a bicycle! The next day this question was writen I found out that forms can completely solve my problem. Previously I used just dashboards. Now everything works pretty in the way that was described earlier.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...