Splunk Search

Dynamic trim of field at both start and end

ramgnisiv
Path Finder

Hi, i have a field that i need to trim.
The field can have a number of different strings, for which i want to trim everything except 1 word.

The fields can look like this:

Deployment of ABC with version 3.0.348 to Acceptance
Deployment of Application XYZ with version : 1.8.540 to Production

I'm only interested in the ABC and XYZ part of these strings.

The part that says "Deployment of " or "Deployment of Application " at the start should be removed.
The part that says " with version ........" all the way to the end should be removed.

What would be the best way of doing this? I've been messing about with regex, trim, replace, without success.

Edit: The following regex appears to work when i try it in any regex editor online, but i cannot get this to work in splunk:

.*(?:Application)? ? (.*) with.*
0 Karma
1 Solution

rafadvega
Path Finder

Yo can try this:

| rex field=<yourfield> ("(Deployment of Application|Deployment of)\s(?<Application>.*)\swith version.*")

View solution in original post

rafadvega
Path Finder

Yo can try this:

| rex field=<yourfield> ("(Deployment of Application|Deployment of)\s(?<Application>.*)\swith version.*")

Sukisen1981
Champion

try this "Application\s+(?<application>.*?)\s+" max_match=0

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...