Splunk Search

Drilldown to URL on single column

Rgk_Trail
Explorer

Hi, 

I am trying to enable drill-down on only single column present in table in my dashboard named "Training_Link". 

I tried using $column, not sure that's accurate. Then I shifted to $row, its working but drilldown in enabled on entire table.  

<option name="drilldown">cell</option>
<drilldown>
<link target="_blank">$row.Training_Link|n$</link>
</drilldown>

Any idea how can I do this ?

- Rohan

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

Rgk_Trail
Explorer

Hi Vardhan,

Thanks for the response. I tried using the code but it opens up the same dashboard in the separate browser tab. What I am trying to do is open an URL that is listed in "Training_Link" column. 

If I use my old code , it does open up the corresponding URL in new browser tab but it does that for the entire row.

0 Karma

Vardhan
Contributor

Hi @Rgk_Trail ,

I am not sure whether you are editing the code correctly or not which I gave you. Let me show you an example.

Example:

In the below screenshot I have an action field name and contains two values. And the requirement is if I click the success it has to open the other dashboard. And it shouldn't apply to other field values like a failure.

Vardhan_0-1615949858893.png

I have used the below code and it's working fine .This will not apply to the entire row. Modify the below one according to your requirment.

<drilldown>
<condition match="'click.name2' == &quot;action&quot; AND 'click.value2' == &quot;success&quot;">
<set token="testing">$row.success$</set>
<link target="_blank">/app/search/monitoring_copy?count=$row.testing$</link>
</condition>
</drilldown>

If this answer helps you then upvote it.

0 Karma

Rgk_Trail
Explorer

Ohhh.. Sorry about the misunderstanding.. basically I have different URLs in Training_Link column that point to webpages (udemy, corsera, etc) outside of the Splunk. 

So when I click on certain training, it should open the webpage URL in the new tab. 

0 Karma

Vardhan
Contributor

Hi,

Try the below one the drilldown will not apply to the entire table.

<drilldown>
<condition match="'click.name2' == &quot;Training_Link&quot;">
<set token="testing">$row.Training_Link$</set>
<link target="_blank">(Mention dashboard link here)?count=$row.testing$</link>
</condition>
</drilldown>

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...